The township of Quandialla came about following the arrival of the railway. The township itself was not planned by the government and therefore no actual gazette date was lodged with the authorities of the day. Instead, it began as a private development through the initiative of the Talbot Family of Euroka Station. The Talbots subdivided 50 acres of their land into town blocks. These blocks were put up for auction on the 8th July 1914 by auctioneers Miller and James of Temora. The Centenary Committee recognises this date as the beginning of the village that is now known as Quandialla.